Here’s the deal at Lightning Strike. We never need an excuse to ride motorcycles. You shouldn’t either. We never need an excuse to ride south of the border to enjoy Rocky Point. You shouldn’t either. But now we all have good reasons to do both. Tomorrow starts the 18th Annual Rocky Point Rally.
Thank you Puerto Penasco (also known as Rocky Point)! Thank you Law Tigers for making it happen! (Look for them at the registration/check-in area. It’s at the Pemex gas station as you’re pulling into Puerto Penasco).
The 2018 Rocky Point Rally runs from Thursday November 8 through Sunday, November 11. This annual event is the greatest motorcycle rally in Mexico. It offers four days (and nights) of pure fiesta. It’s also four days of fun in the sun. And last but not least, the spectacular Sea of Cortez serves as its beautiful backdrop. But make no mistake about it. The main attractions are the unique, cool motorcycles and the unique, cool people who ride them.
- Some may rightfully argue tequila or cerveza are the main attractions. We’ll leave it there.
- Don’t worry if you miss Thursday and Friday. Many motorcyclists just ride down to the Rocky Point Rally for the weekend.
“It’s just a blast,” says Judd Smith, Co-Founder of Lightning Strike. “Everybody just has a great time. There are motorcycles everywhere you go. And the locals of Puerto Penasco seem to enjoy us as much as we enjoy being there.”
By the way, Judd is no stranger to Rocky Point. Sandy Beach is the getaway of choice for him and his wife, Karla, Co-Founder of Lightning Strike.
Please do come by and say, “Hello” or “Hola.” Look for the Lightning Strike banner and our motorcycle safety lights on display on the Rocky Point Malecon. This is the main area for watching the sunset, shopping, dining, and partying. You’ll easily find us again on the street right outside the awesome El OK TOPUS Restaurant.
“We’re grateful for our friends at Law Tigers for sponsoring the Rocky Point Rally,” adds Smith. “They are always looking to help out motorcyclists.”
18th Annual Rocky Point Rally “Don’t Forget” List:
– U.S. Passport. Yes, you will need a U.S. Passport. “Nacho” driver’s license or birth certificate. : ) Get it? They won’t work.
– Drink bottled water only. Enough said.
– Attitude and Appetite. Bring your appetite for Mexican food and culture. Bring your great attitude. You’re going to have fun.
– Ride Your Motorcycle Safely. Be Safe. Be Seen. We’ll do the same, and look for you in Puerto Penasco for the 18th Annual Rocky Point Rally.